The INTPs Shadowy Lair

 Continuing on with our MBTI family interaction stories, I’ve got a great one to tell you about that happened a couple days ago between me (INFJ Mom) and my son (INTP 16).


So there I was loading the dishwasher when my son rushes into the kitchen and says, “Mom! You gotta come, quick!” But I could tell nothing was serious, his tone was playful. He grabbed me by the shoulders and started marching me out of the kitchen like a prisoner, lol.

INFJ Mom: Where are we going?

INTP 16: To the deepest circle of hell.

INFJ Mom (pretending to be scared): Y-y-you mean… *gulp*, YOUR room?

INTP 16: Yes, my evil lair. Mwahahaha!

INFJ Mom: No! Not that! Anything but that!

INTP 16 (in a suddenly cheerful voice): Really? Anything?

INFJ Mom: Haha…. no

INTP 16: *shrugs* Can’t blame a guy for trying.

INFJ Mom: So what do you need?

INTP 16: That place sent me, like, this online job interview thing. I know how I want to answer the questions, but it won’t let me continue unless I have a word count of at least 150 words.

INFJ Mom: *Takes a look at what he wrote.* Oh that’s great. We can fluff this up, no problem.

INTP 16: How?

INFJ Mom: Just toss in some adverbs, add a few more details to make this sentence a little longer, and then do the same thing to this one down here.

INTP 16: … eh whatever. Can’t you just do it for me.

INFJ Mom: Let’s do it together!

INTP 16: *sigh* *eye roll* Ok, fine.

================


Oh my goodness. How many of you out there have teenagers trying to land their first jobs? I’d love to hear some of your stories. Tell me about your experiences in the comments!

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Back to My Senses

Chip and Blip (poem for kids)

I Love Fall: Poem