Grandparents That Fill Us (Poem for Kids)


In honor of Grandparent's Day, I have a written a poem dedicated to grandparents everywhere!




Text

Grandparents That Fill Us
by Brandi Peterson

We’re headed to Grandpa and Grandma’s place
I cannot wait to arrive
They’ll greet me with a warm embrace
Before we go inside.
Grandma will have fresh cookies waiting there on the table.
Grandpa will have fresh “dad jokes”
Or he’ll tell me a silly fable.
We might play our favorite games like checkers or dominoes
Or just listen to the summer rain
On the porch while swinging slow.
Whatever we do together, our visits are always special
For I’ve noticed that by the time we part
Their love has filled my vessel.


Wishing everyone a fun and happy day with their grandmas and grandpas. May your day be filled with love and sunshine!

Did you make a craft, write a poem, or find a special way to celebrate Grandparent's Day? Tell me about it in the comments!



If you enjoy my poems, you'll LOVE my book! Pona and the Valiant Veterinarian is now available on Amazon!  Click the image below to see a preview of the book on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DYCS2RY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Back to My Senses

Chip and Blip (poem for kids)

I Love Fall: Poem